Moon Oregon Trail Road Trip: Historic Sites, Small Towns, and Scenic Landscapes Along the Legendary Westward Route (Travel Guide) by Katrina Emery, Moon Travel Guides
English | July 28th, 2020 | ISBN: 1640497978 | 456 pages | EPUB | 27.30 MB
Vast rugged prairies, adventurous Wild West towns, and the palpable spirit of the pioneers: Experience legend come to life with Moon Oregon Trail Road Trip.
• Choose Your Route: Drive the entire 20-day road trip from Independence, Missouri, to Oregon City (at a mild, moderate, or strenuous pace!) or take shorter getaways along sections of the trail in Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Idaho, including worthwhile detours
• Drive Through History: See the Guernsey Ruts left from wagons almost 200 years ago, read pioneer names carved into Register Rock, and learn about 10,000 years of oral Umatilla history. Practice loading a real wagon, down a mug of sarsaparilla in a recreated Old West town, and take a relaxing soak in the same hot springs as the pioneers
• Discover Diverse Historic Perspectives: Delve into the rich cultures and histories of the Native American tribes who have called these lands home for over 10,000 years. Venture through an underground city created and inhabited by Chinese pioneers. Learn the stories, struggles, and triumphs of free and enslaved black emigrants on the trail. Discover what life was really like for women making the journey west
• Adventure Along the Trail: Tube through the whitewater of Platte River, explore limestone caves, and kayak across clear blue lakes
• Maps and Driving Tools: Easy-to-use maps and full-color photos throughout keep you oriented on and off the highway as you follow the approximate route of the original Oregon Trail, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions
• Expert Insight: Oregon local and history buff Katrina Emery shares thorough background on the realities of the trail and recommendations for seniors, families with kids, and more
With Moon Oregon Trail Road Trip’s flexible itineraries and practical tips, you’re ready to take an adventure through history.
Looking to explore more of American history? Try Moon Route 66 Road Trip.