Moon Wisconsin: Lakeside Getaways, Scenic Drives, Outdoor Recreation (Travel Guide), 8th Edition by Thomas Huhti
English | May 19th, 2020 | ISBN: 1640498540 | 500 pages | EPUB | 40.96 MB
From lush forests and fertile farms to rushing rivers and tranquil lakes, experience The Badger State’s classic Midwestern charm with Moon Wisconsin.
Inside you’ll find:
• Strategic itineraries, from a long weekend in Milwaukee or Madison to a week-long getaway to Door County, with advice for architecture buffs, foodies, families, outdoor adventurers, and more
• The top activities and unique experiences: Museum-hop in trendy Milwaukee, discover the joys of the open road at the Harley-Davidson museum, and savor the laidback college town vibe in Madison. Check out a typical Wisconsin dairy farm and sample fresh bites of cheese or learn how to churn butter with the whole family. Dig in at a Friday night fish fry and unwind with a locally-brewed craft beer in a historic taproom. Kayak to sea caves, cycle through rolling hills of apple orchards, or hike the rugged cliffs of Devil’s Lake
• The best road trips in Wisconsin, including the state’s designated Rustic Roads
• Honest advice from native cheesehead Thomas Huhti on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from luxe hotels to historic lodges and lakeside cabins
• Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
• Recommendations for getting to Wisconsin and getting around, by plane, train, bus, or car (or even boat!)
• Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, outdoor recreation safety, and history
With Moon’s practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of Wisconsin.